BLAH

Thursday, July 26, 2012

My GORGEOUS friend KIM!

I have a friend, her name is Kim. I think we were pals before we were born. We are a lot alike. I have learned a great lesson from her this year. You see I like to give the things I make to people that I love and care about. Treats mostly. I like to decorate them and deliver them and maybe stay and visit a while. I love to do this because I have hobbies. I like to make the world beautiful and feed people with those hobbies. Last Christmas I met Kim at a basketball game in Delta Utah! She was eating with her daughter and I was eating with my daughter. Our girls are friends and we were sharing Enchiladas that they were saleing at the concession stand! HA :D
Somehow we got to talking and bing!bang!boom! All these months later, I just love her. I read her blog and it makes me smile so big and it makes me feel so happy and grateful. One of her posts even helped me to forgive a man for hurting my child a year ago. I love her!
But back to what I have learned from her.........Kim takes pictures of everyone and everything and gets those pictures printed and then gives them to the people in the pictures! She did this for me and Kels at Prom and I took her some chocolate covered strawberries. We had a great talk that day. Then I made her some bread and jam. She called me and said "THANKS". Then, I made her one of my soft cuddly blankets to keep her warm and comforted. I wanted to make her one because I had told her I was making Kelsey's friend Ty's mom one even though I didn't know her. I wanted his mom to have one to keep her warm and comforted as her baby was leaving on his mission for 2 years. I asked Kim if she thought his mom would think I was a freak doing that for someone I didn't know. Of course Kim gets why I like to take treats and homemade gifts to people, cuz she likes to also! We do it for others but we also do it for ourselves. WE need to be able to share what we love. I use to feel like I needed to explain to people why I did what I did. But Kim has taught me that I need to fill my own needs. Plus when I take Kim stuff she totally fuels my love language........words of affirmation! She is awesome at it.
Today we sat in her kitchen and talked of Life and Motherhood. It felt so good to share my concerns and hopes and values with another mother who also has a houseful of teenagers!
WE are truly blessed! We truly are!
Make it a great day!
xoxoxooxoxoxooxo

No comments:

Post a Comment