BLAH

Friday, July 13, 2012

It's Just me and Chicken Nuggets!

Calvin....My almost 9 year old. He will be 9 in 3 weeks.
"Mom" he says, as he kisses my face and runs his hands through my hair.....
"There are 2 things that I love. You, and Chicken nuggets."
"oh really?" I say....."lucky me"
" I love Dad too, when he is not being grouchy."
hee hee hee!
I rank with Chicken Nuggets or Chicken strips!
This child of mine!! I love him. He is the baby. He got the best of me. He got the me that had already learned what not to do. He got the part of me that cherished every minute of his little baby stages and toddler years and childhood. He is the one I can't bear to have grow up. He is the sweet little boy who loves his mommy and everything about her. His love language is physical touch and he gives me constant love and hugs and kisses. He will lay on my bed and brush my hair and then run his hands through it for a long time.........causing me to become delirious. He is happy go lucky! He wakes up happy. He goes to bed happy. He is content and so even tempered. He never really threw fits or caused me grief. He is just the whipped cream and cherry on top of our families sundae. He is my baby. He makes me feel so good. So loved. So appreciated. I love all my kids. They are all so different and special. He is the end of what I have made a career out of. Being a mommy..........it changes when they get older. Sadly :( ............*whimper*
I love all the stages, but I am holding onto each one of his the longest.
He just came up to me while I was writing this and said "When I look at you, I think woot woo".....and he whistled......and kissed me and hugged me and ran off to play again. *sigh*
I am loved like chicken nuggets! It doesn't get any better than that!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the whip cream and cherry on top of our family sundae. I love it, I feel it, I am sooo happy for you. It's true, there is something special about "The baby of the family." I love how you talk about love languages; yours must be physical touch and words of affirmation also; that's why you get along so well with him. I love your blog--you are a very neat lady.

    ReplyDelete