BLAH

Monday, July 2, 2012

My Friend "C"

This is my friend C~
She came by my house last night and stayed for 3 hours. She is on her way California for a week. She moved to Rexburg Idaho a month ago and texted me a week ago saying she was going to be coming through Cedar and that she would love to see Kelsey and I. Of course I said yes! I love her! So does Kelsey. C~ has a special place in both of our hearts. About 3 years ago the ward we were in split. I was the YW president and it broke my heart to have to leave all those girls and leaders behind. When they announced they were going to take some of us and some from another ward and make 3 wards, Kelsey and I were the only ones from the old ward. We felt a little kicked out. C~ was from the other ward, her and 6 girls from her old ward came to the new ward. They called me as the YW president and I looked at the 7 girls on my rolls. SEVEN GIRLS!! YIKES!! I called my presidencey and took a deep breath. I was so nervous that first week we met. I didn't know if they would like me. Everyone said that C~ was having a hard time with the split. I was having a hard time with the split, so I knew how she felt. I was going to make the most of it! I was going to love all those girls and we were going to be amazing with our numbers of 7! Back to C~ I met her on the first day our ward met as a ward. I walked into sacrament meeting and sat down. I looked around curiously and a happy smile lit up from a cute girl behind me. She was darling.  I smiled back and wondered if she was one of my YW. She was! The rest is History. C~ and I had 2 years together before she graduated and I was released, all within a month of each other.
I love her. She was my friend. She did everything I ever asked of her and she loved Kelsey. So many times we shared amazing spiritual experiences with each other. Firesides, Conferences, Camp, hikes, activities, Sunday lessons. She was an amazing example to me and to Kelsey. We have met once a month to go to lunch over the past year to always stay in touch. She showed up at our ward occasionally when the college wards were out and always hugged me and told me how much she loved me. A life long friend I have in C~.
She moved to Idaho in May, I was so sad for me and yet happy for her. I teased her the day before she left over some ice cream....."you are gonna go up there and find a great guy and get married! You just watch".............haha
Last night she told Kelsey and I of her new Friend. YEP!! She is in like and it is quickly turning to "here comes the bride" What a great girl she is! I hope he is as great as she says, but I know he must be, she has very high standards and expectations! LOVE HER!
We laughed so hard last night we cried teasing her about her giddyness! There truly is a time and season for all things! She said I can come to the wedding..............hahahhahaha
Wouldn't miss it for the world!
Thank You for blessing my life with C~ I love her, and I know she loves me <3

MAKE today a Great day!
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment