BLAH

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I am a homemaker!

I have spent my whole life making a home. Before I was married, I worked with my parents and siblings to make our house a home. Now, I have been making a home for my own family. All I ever wanted to be was a mom and a wife. Jeff made all my dreams come true! I feel sad for all these girls today that feel ashamed or guilty if they just want to get married and have a family. My own daughter thinks she needs to be a pharmacist. Do I think that would be great.........I don't know. Kelsey is sweet and tender. She is smart and beautiful. She is a woman. She will have kids someday and I know she will want to be home with them. She will want to give them the best of her. She will want them to feel love. Feel safe. Feel secure. I think of her having these goals to go to 6 years of school and I worry. I worry that she is getting sucked into the trap of success according to the worlds definition of success. She is stressed with school and worried how she will be able to provide for a family someday. Why is the world we live in putting so much pressure on a young girl? I put a comment on FB a few weeks ago teasing her that it doesn't matter what kind of grades you are getting in college. What matters is what your future husband is getting on his grades. I sure took some grief over that comment. People said "you can't get away with that these days." "it's not like that anymore" and "that's no longer good enough"
SAYS WHO???? says who??? I do believe in learning. I do! I just don't want us to forget that being a mother, a devoted mother, who loves and cares for her family, teaches them the gospel of Jesus Christ and helps them build a foundation of faith, is the most successful of all careers.
Conference a few weeks ago reminded us what women are, Sweet, tender, loving, nurturing, kind, priceless!
Oh be soft and tender Kelsey. Don't think you have to conquer the world. There is nothing like building a home and holding your sweet children through all the stages of life. They will need you! Heavenly Father needs you! Get an education........just don't forget what you are REALLY here for. It is what you really want! I know you! I know what my sweet girl wants for her life. Don't let the world make you think its NOT enough!
"Mother hood is NOT a hobby, it is a calling....... It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for."
Elder ~Neil L. Anderson

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! No greater job than being a mother! My life wouldn't have had any purpose if I didn't get the chance to be a mother. I'm so grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete