BLAH

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Just Keep Swimming! Swimming! Swimming!

My cute little Kenady competed in the Utah Summer Games today! She is barely 12 years old :D SO BRAVE
I got there 2 races before her race and she came up to me with tears in her eyes...."Mom I am so nervous" I gave her a big hug and said "you just have fun Kenady. Just do your best that's all you can do. Go say a quick prayer and I will say one too." She walked away from me and I watched her down by her Block waiting for her race! The 200 meter Freestyle........She climbed up, they blew the whistle, she took her position. Buzz! Off she dived into the pool! But as she came past me, her goggles were NOT on! They had slipped on to her neck on her entry......she can't see under water with out those goggles.......now she was falling to last place! When she reached the end of the pool, she pulled her goggles off her neck and back up to her eyes! Phew! But she was in last place with 3 laps to catch up! Oh dear.......She swam and swam and swam and by the last 50 meters she was flying! Oh my goodness she passed 2 kids up after being so far behind. She didn't medal but even though her goggles fell off in the start, she just kept swimming without her goggles and didn't quit! When she went to shower I sat there in the pool area and cried......So proud of her for just doing what she had to do even though she had a rough start!
Wow! My kids are such examples to me :D Go Kenady! Way to be a champion!
Last week Kelsey put on FB......You can't fail if you never quit! Way to not quit Kenady!

1 comment: