BLAH

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kelsey~EFY~

 ~Kels and Me in front of the Provo Temple May 28th 2012~
 Kels, Brady, McKenzie at EFY~Provo May 2012
 Kels~ cute even as a "Nerd" haha :) EFY May 2012
Kels and Kenzie~EFY June 2012

If you ever have a chance to send your teenagers to EFY, DO IT!! Kelsey has gone the last 3 years and she has loved it! The 1st 2 years she went to the EFY at SUU. This year I got her in the EFY on BYU's campus and she was so so nervous to be away from home and all alone. HA :) all alone in a huge city with 1,000 kids at EFY? Anyways, when I took her up we went to the Provo temple and took a picture of us. There were a million pink roses in full bloom! It was so completely breathtaking!! It was a Monday and a holiday so the temple was closed. We were the only ones there. It was a beautiful sunny spring day and it was LOVELY! Peaceful! Happy!

Then I dropped her off at BYU! She walked away from me and I knew everything would be GREAT for her! Sure enough I got a text each night saying hi, then she would fall asleep a few texts later haha :)
While she was gone, I missed her. She is my little buddy afterall. Kels and I have always been partners in crime. Her Daddy was in Pharmacy school the first 4 years of her life and she did everything with me! We are so much a like in so many ways and she is so much like her Daddy in so many ways! I love her Dearly and have a million hopes and dreams for her! haha Luckily she has hopes and dreams for herself too!
Friday night I drove up to Heber to stay the night. I was suppose to pick her up at 7 Saturday outside Helaman Halls. Before I went to bed she texted me saying she was going to go do baptisms for the dead at the Provo temple with her new friend McKenzie in the morning!  When I picked her up the next morning around 9:30, her and McKenzie, her new best friend, looked so beautiful and happy! They had met at EFY while each choosing a jalepeno cheese bagel! Instantly they loved each other and shared that wonderful bond of the knowledge of their Divine Nature! Beautiful Daughters of GOD. I am so thankful for EFY programs where these kids can go for a week and be immersed in good things. She hung with McKenzie and Brady all week! Great kids!
She shared her testimony of the Savior with me on the way home. They had a big class on the Living Christ and wrote down her testimony of Him. What a girl she is.
Kelsey has a friend at the MTC right now. She had sent him some tic tacs on his first day there (kinda a inside story) and while she was at EFY she recieved a letter from him. I don't know why my kids are so curious! I can't imagine where they got that from?? hee hee Anyways they had steamed it open, resealed it, and then ironed it flat again!! I had to break it to her on the way home that her naughty brothers had steamed her letter open and read it! But Kelsey just laughed and moved on!
Sadly, they had 2 dances that week and she was not asked to dance. This was kinda hard on a teenage girl :( Not really sure what that was all about! I think she is lovely! She came home a better person with a stronger testimony and a new best friend! It's good for these kids to find kids like themselves!
SO GRATEFUL!!
Make It A Great Day
xoxoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sheri, I'm laughing about blaming steaming the envelope open on your boys, are you sure it wasn't YOU heheheh. Love the picture of you and Kels--so beautiful. No worries to Kels on not getting asked to dance, her prince charming is somewhere else---MTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can HONESTLY say it was NOT me! Those boys googled it! They even ironed it flat after they resealed it! There are roughly 4,000 ym at the MTC on a given day haha maybe he has been there, maybe he is there, maybe he will be there! haha :D Who knows how this will all shake out! I would love to see her serve a mission, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can that girl ever take a bad picture? Geesh! I bet you have to fight the boys off. What a beauty. ~S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is darling! Sadly, she has been treated very poorly by most boys. She is on a quest to be friends with lots of boys until after her mission haha :)

      Delete