BLAH

Friday, August 23, 2013

A Fathers Heart

Last night Kelsey and I went to the late show. When I got home, Jeff was looking at my blog! Hahahahahaha he thinks I am crazy.
So, I told him to look at Kelseys blog. He did. After he read all her words and thoughts and feelings I think he got to see the side of Her I get to see. How often does a dad get to hear his daughters innermost feelings?
My husband got in big trouble one time from me. After years of me pouring out my heart to him about all sorts of matters, he would say "I don't know what to tell ya" ew! I was so mad. One day I said to him "when you say that, I feel like you are saying you don't care" his response "it's not that I don't care, I honestly don't know what to tell you! I am not like you. I don't think
That deep! You are like a lake, or the ocean! I am like a slight puddle on a sidewalk. Can you understand that? This is it, this is all there is. I don't have layers of feelings like you."
Hahahahahahahahaha
Now he says lots of "oh's" and "oh really's" safer answers I guess.
Jeff loves his kids. He gets to see different sides of them every once in a while and I know it means a lot. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Sherrie, these are awesome thoughts and you will be soo glad you have blogged them when you make a book. This post is a treasure. I love how Jeff does feel and can be honest in his feelings about how he is a puddle and you are a lake or the ocean. So fun.

    ReplyDelete