BLAH

Friday, August 16, 2013

I think they called her on a mission..............

My daughter Kelsey has been fasting and praying for almost a year now. Ever since they announced the younger age for girls to serve a  mission last October, it has been a pretty big deal to her to make the right decision. She keeps getting the same answer....."Not now"
What does that mean? Not now? When? a year? 40 years? She decided to start school and take it a semester at a time and hope that when and if the time came, she would hear the answer. Well, she could be putting her papers in the end of this month, she isn't. Two weeks ago it was fast Sunday and she bore her testimony in the college ward. Right after Sacrament meeting the bishop asked to speak to her in his office. SCARY!! He asked her to be a ward missionary!! WOW! She is serving a mission right here in Cedar City in the University 8th ward. Good thing I got her Preach My Gospel a few years ago. She is re-reading it and met with the ward mission leader last night. She has to go into the Elders Quorum each Sunday and try to get those Brothers to share a missionary experience. I laughed when she told me the Ward Mission Leader, Elder Lewis, does the Relief Society and she does the Elders! "Flirt to Covert" I teased. She is a cute girl, and super nice. haha
The first week she went in, she was so nervous as they sang the opening song. A room full of BOYS! Yikes! She said she said a quick prayer, then got up and the spirit took over! She couldn't even tell me what she said afterward! Super inspiring. I hope she has fun, makes friends, learns about the Love Her Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ have for all their children. I hope she learns and grows from the experience. I hope some souls embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ through her hard work and service.
Now, that 15 year old Boy I have, just started freshman year of high school..............we better get busy getting him ready! I might tackle the nagging of the Eagle Scout first! NO drivers license until he has it. He is so close!
I am so grateful for all the growing and learning and progressing the church offers us through our service, as well as the service that others bless us with!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this a neat story. Sister Dix, a missionary for the church. Love it. She's beautiful and spiritual too. She will do awesome.

    ReplyDelete